1962 OMC rescue for adoption

Boats and Parts For sale and Wanted

1962 OMC rescue for adoption

Postby madmonkey » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:43 am

Hello all. Over the weekend I rescued a 1962 OMC deluxe from an old junkyard down the street from me. I paid $250 for it and that's what I am asking. I am offering it here to someone that will appreciate it and hopefully put her back into service. I went over it really quick and it looks pretty solid. It has the V4 motor. The motor and stern drive are intact and complete. The hull seems in good shape with only very minor gouges where the boat would hit land where beached. Spider cracks all over as would be expected. Boat was left uncovered so the fiberglass on the deck has cracked and buckled. Wood underneath seems a little rotten in areas but thanks to the dry El Paso heat isn't as bad as it should be. The things I know are missing or needed;
1. Side panels. The bases are there but the doors are missing.
2. Throttle/ shift unit is gone
3. Motor assembly for window is gone.
4. Has only 3 seats, two are the units with the shock absorber.
5. Trailer is missing the tilt handle and wheel. Someone bolted on a steel plate to prevent the trailer from tilting. Trailer is in good shape other than that. I threw on some crappy tires to get it home.
6. I took the red light lens and the windshield light for my boat.
7. Fuel tank was removed but is with the boat.

Please feel free to ask any questions. My email is raysmonkey@yahoo.com

There is no title on the trailer or boat and the previous owner said it has been sitting for at least 15 years.
Also, storage is no issue for me, I can hold on to it for a while.
Attachments
brown1.jpg
brown1.jpg (57.03 KiB) Viewed 1310 times
brown 2.png
brown 2.png (281.75 KiB) Viewed 1310 times
madmonkey

Return to Classifieds - Buy 'em - Sell 'em - Trade 'em with your friends!