Spot Light Wiring

Ready to Strangle Your Stringer? Get help here!
Everything you need to know to maintain and repair the Big White Thing.

Spot Light Wiring

Postby peedee » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:55 pm

Been working on my 1969 Rogue I've had since 1982. This boat has 2 spot lights installed on the deck. I think they might have been dealer installed. The wiring is gone and I never used them. I want to get them working again. The bulbs work. What would be a good power source under the dash? I was thinking of using power from the cigarette lighter with power on only when the main boat power is on. Any ideas? Also it looks like activity on the forum is terribly low. I guess everybody is too busy boating! Lately I have reinstalled the headliner under the sliding hatch. It fell out years ago. I put 1/4 inch foam neoprene rubber as a liner to the engine hatch cover. Looks nice. Just doing some things I have put off for years. Winter is coming. Don't forget to winterize the block and sterndrive. Tom
peedee

Re: Spot Light Wiring

Postby JimAndros » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:21 pm

All forums have died. I guess facebook, Twitter & crap has taken over. Plus this site was hacked a while back & so most older posts don't open.

About the spot lights, are there any empty spots in the fus block? If not, I would consider a quality inline fuse holder tapped into the source of your choice. I would use a terminal that is always hot.

On another topic, was it you that had the reproduction E emblems for sale? If not, do you remember who it was?
JimAndros

Re: Spot Light Wiring

Postby peedee » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:12 pm

I think I will use the horn for power. It is easy to access. It is on only when the ignition is on but that is Okay. I will also have an auxillary light to use when power is off.
Yes, I am the man with the pennants. How many you need and what colors? They are dirt cheap.
Tom You can email me at tklauber@bellsouth.net
peedee

Return to OMC Stern Drive Forum