1966 Johnson Caprice in Schaumberg IL $500

Runners - parts boats - if it's intact please post your ad here

1966 Johnson Caprice in Schaumberg IL $500

Postby Peter_Crowl » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:01 pm

I received a call from Rich in response to my wanted ads. All the information is here...reply to Richard Keylard <airephix@sbcglobal.net>
630 675 7199

Hello Peter-- I spoke to you yesterday about my 66 OMC Johnson that i would like to sell. Ive attached 11 pics of it including one of the stern drive and tilt gear, that seems to be in solid shape. No missing teeth or signs of cracks. The hull is fairly solid and does show surface spider cracking. The interior needs work. reupholstery, rotten wood sides and seat bases. Steering cable is broke. Trottle control is in great shape. Dash is all there minus the cool cig lighter. Glass windshield in fantastic shape. From what i know, all aluminum and metal trim and fixtures are there and in great shape. As far as the motor, Ive never had it running but last in water in 1999. IT was garage kept for 9 years after that and when I got it I was told it needed ignition work which I do have xtra parts and a tune up kit for it, from OMC. I dont have a key or battery!!! I have the manuel flywheel, belt, 3-blade prop and manuels. I have a clear title for boat and trailer. Trailer is heavy duty, will need new tires although I towed it home.
I believe this boat is worthy of restoration or I wouldnt have gotten it in the first place. As most stories, too many projects!!!! Let me know what you think!!!! Thank you!
Attachments
DSC_0005.JPG
DSC_0010.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG
DSC_0004.JPG
Peter_Crowl

Return to Boats